A special lubricant designed for drilling and completion fluids
Lubetex 2 is a modified vegetable oil lubricant for application in water-based systems. Lubetex 2 is available in 55 gallon/208.2 Liters (481.29 lbs/218.31 kg) drums with 4 drums per pallet.
- Compatible with most water-based muds; thus sea water, sodium chloride, potassium chloride or sodium bromide based systems or blends thereof
- Improves the lubricity of drilling and completion systems by reducing friction between the drill string and casing as well as the exposed wall of a formation.
- Soft shales have less tendency to adhere to the drill bits and collars when Lubetex 2 is incorporated into the drilling system
- Lubetex 2 can be incorporated into the drilling system and spotted across a zone where the drillstring is differentially stuck
- Recommended initial concentration fro drilling applications is 1 - 3% by volume mixed into the active system. If greater than anticipated torque is experienced during drilling, such as building angle or high angle wells, an additional 1 - 2% by volume for a total of 4% by volume can be incorporated
- For bit balling or differential sticking where circulation is still possible, Lubetex 2 can be added "neat" during a connection. The concentration is dependent on total system volume as well as wellbore volume.
|Coefficient of Friction*
||0.143 - approx. 35% reduction
*10.5 lb/gal Thixsal-Ultra® System with 3% v/v Lubetex 2 (control 0.220) using an EP lubricity meter.